Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31-10-2020, 12:01 PM   #181
muzzer

Thanked 5,959 Times in 3,794 Posts
Garage
People in cars, who think it makes them big and hard to make gestures when driving.

My manager at work is 6ft 5 and 20 stone and dropped me off on Friday night. Some guy in his convertible Merc cut him up on a roundabout & got beeped. Matey gives the Nescafe sign thinking nothing will happen, except my manager decided he wanted a "chat" with matey boy and set off after him, not driving aggresively but staying on mateys tail.
Matey drives like a madman, swerving to get round people to get away, his misses starts waving her phone about like they are calling the police.

Another guy at work, same height as me 5' 7" but is about the same wide and very handy - if you catch my drift - if he has to be. Driving to work with his misses and going past our road, misses and i were out walking to town, when some stupid yoof in his chavved up corsa pulled straight out on him forcing him to do an emergency stop. So he got beeped and gave the same Nescafe sign, so my workmate did a u turn and went after him. Ended up chasing this half wit for about 10 miles before he finally got away.

If you want to be a big man and make confrontational gestures, you have to expect that some people will take offence to it and will want a chat with you to explain the error of your ways. You're not big, you're not hard and you sure as heck aren't clever.

I'm so glad i walk to and from work during the week, driving standards have dropped dramatically
Old 31-10-2020, 12:19 PM   #182
Deathstar
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Nobbers on forums, social media who are experts and everyone rise is wrong. It’s their way or no way without providing any evidence to the contrary.
Or the new generation of experts who have seen a graph somewhere or some factually incorrect data and are suddenly more qualified than someone who has dedicated their career into said subject.
Deathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2020, 03:43 PM   #183
muzzer

Garage
Women folk, not having a scoob what they want and then when they find what they want, not wanting to pay the price.
Old 31-10-2020, 04:56 PM   #184
P2K
Washmitt Meister

Searching a website to find out delivery costs.

Nope, can't find it so I have to fill my basket with the one item I want only to find it'll cost another fiver delivery.
That cheapest price then becomes a little more expensive.

Move on to the next website and repeat.

End up searching ebay and sorting it by cheapest inc delivery.

It's great that they offer "free shipping if you spend £xxx" but what if I only want/need one item and I'm searching for the best deal.

I understand that they have to pay to deliver to me and I should pay said delivery costs but why do they make it so hard to find out.

I've even gone to some websites that don't tell you until you put your card details in.
Nope, next website.

Maybe I'm just tight but if I can get an item for say £15 from one place why should I pay £20 from another.

Annnnnnnnnd breathe
P2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2020, 05:29 PM   #185
muzzer

Garage
And lets not forget that wonderful thing that is a certain well known website charging for next day delivery.
But it means you can access the Grand Tour too
Meh
But you can have your items tomorrow
Meh
But you can
Look, i don't mind things might take a while, i have patience but i don't see why i should pay you £8 a month for the priviledge of being able to watch three blokes messing about or having your surly driver turn up the next day.
Old 31-10-2020, 06:47 PM   #186
SarahAnn
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

It annoys me when I see the idiots the night before they move up a tier in lockdown out on the town partying as if they are celebrating the last night of freedom as if they are immune to it, for God's sake, they behave like children.
SarahAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SarahAnn For This Useful Post:
richardaudi0 (02-11-2020), Starbuck88 (02-11-2020)
Old 31-10-2020, 07:08 PM   #187
Kenan

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K View Post
Searching a website to find out delivery costs.

Nope, can't find it so I have to fill my basket with the one item I want only to find it'll cost another fiver delivery.

That cheapest price then becomes a little more expensive.

Move on to the next website and repeat.

End up searching ebay and sorting it by cheapest inc delivery.

It's great that they offer "free shipping if you spend £xxx" but what if I only want/need one item and I'm searching for the best deal.

I understand that they have to pay to deliver to me and I should pay said delivery costs but why do they make it so hard to find out.

I've even gone to some websites that don't tell you until you put your card details in.

Nope, next website.

Maybe I'm just tight but if I can get an item for say £15 from one place why should I pay £20 from another.

Annnnnnnnnd breathe
This happens to me all the time, or the shipping cost listed on Google changes when you get to the website. My I reccomended DetailedOnline, free shipping on everything

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
Kenan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenan For This Useful Post:
SarahAnn (31-10-2020)
Old 31-10-2020, 07:10 PM   #188
muzzer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahAnn View Post
It annoys me when I see the idiots the night before they move up a tier in lockdown out on the town partying as if they are celebrating the last night of freedom as if they are immune to it, for God's sake, they behave like children.
Someone on this very site suggested that about the young in Nottingham going all out before Tier 3 came in.

Yes the young are being left a whole heap of debt and trouble etc but they are not always helping things
Old 31-10-2020, 07:13 PM   #189
SarahAnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzer View Post
Someone on this very site suggested that about the young in Nottingham going all out before Tier 3 came in.

Yes the young are being left a whole heap of debt and trouble etc but they are not always helping things
Ah I missed that muzzer. Yes it was the ones in Nottingham that I was thinking about but they seem to do it all over. Crazy to me.
SarahAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2020, 08:31 PM   #190
JoeyJoeJo

Salted caramel.

What happened to sweet caramel?
JoeyJoeJo is offline   Reply With Quote