Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24-04-2020, 11:43 AM   #21
Steveom2
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Have to add dhl into the mix 👍
Steveom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2020, 03:36 PM   #22
McGrath 5
Sponge Jockey

Had a delivery of Cosmic Spritz,direct from Germany. Came with DHL,overnight and delivered next day. Canít fault em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
McGrath 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2020, 03:41 PM   #23
Kerr
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 8,548 Times in 5,351 Posts
Joe Lycett's programme tonight features Hermes. Apparently they auction off some customers' deliveries.

https://mobile.twitter.com/joelycett...97952536428544
Kerr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2020, 04:09 PM   #24
BrummyPete

Thanked 1,196 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
Joe Lycett's programme tonight features Hermes. Apparently they auction off some customers' deliveries.

https://mobile.twitter.com/joelycett...97952536428544
If something has been damaged or lost and then found at a later date and its been paid out as an insurance loss then it can be sold as it belongs to the courier company

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
BrummyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2020, 04:24 PM   #25
Kerr
Distinguished Detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrummyPete View Post
If something has been damaged or lost and then found at a later date and its been paid out as an insurance loss then it can be sold as it belongs to the courier company

If the insurance company has paid out surely it's the insurance company who own it?

There is loads of stories of senders ending up having to absorb losses and damages as couriers won't.

It'll be interesting to see the context of the claims as Joe buys the parcels and gives them to correct recipient.
Old 24-04-2020, 04:30 PM   #26
BrummyPete

Thanked 1,196 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
If the insurance company has paid out surely it's the insurance company who own it?

There is loads of stories of senders ending up having to absorb losses and damages as couriers won't.

It'll be interesting to see the context of the claims as Joe buys the parcels and gives them to correct recipient.
No the courier company insurance pays it, if someone makes a claim against the courier company and its found to be lost, stolen whatever then its paid out, then the courier are able to sell it to make some money back, normally at quite a loss

If Joe is giving them to the recipient then this sounds different to where I work, if the recepient can't be identified and the item is in lost property and has been paid out then they can sell

BrummyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2020, 12:15 AM   #27
crash486
Sponge Jockey

Try living in a regional area in Australia where even the Post is not delivered. Have to drive to town to pick it up.
You'd be surprised how many companies won't delivery to a PO box and the couriers don't even attempt a delivery and now covid has given them the right to leave it and not prove a delivery was attempted.
I documented a 30 day delivery (was supposed to be 3 days) . You should have seen the lies.
I don't receive the goods, eBay doesn't help as they say they have a delivered status. It's cost me $'s , time and stress and have found no assistance from anyone.
Social media helped for one purchase, a trustpilot review focused attention on my delivery but having to do that every time is just too much.
There are only two couriers that do a great job but they must be more expensive so don't get used often even with a request.

Wondering if a drone delivery will ever be attempted...

Hoping you all get your deliveries

Crash486
crash486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2020, 09:35 AM   #28
Alfa male
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve0rs6 View Post
Dpd are the best and parcel force is the worst

Youíve clearly never had a Yodel delivery then !

I agree DPD are the best IMO, but Yodel are the biggest shower of sh&@e Iíve even had the displeasure of using ! With Claimed delivery attempts that never happened, smashed glass parcels from being lobbed over back gate, but worst than that by far is their appalling customer service.
I will not use Yodel now and refuse to buy from companies that state the item will be delivered by Yodel due to the issues Iíve had over the years.

Just to add Myhermes has always been ok for me too!
Alfa male is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2020, 04:24 PM   #29
Kerr
Distinguished Detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa male View Post
Youíve clearly never had a Yodel delivery then !

I agree DPD are the best IMO, but Yodel are the biggest shower of sh&@e Iíve even had the displeasure of using ! With Claimed delivery attempts that never happened, smashed glass parcels from being lobbed over back gate, but worst than that by far is their appalling customer service.
I will not use Yodel now and refuse to buy from companies that state the item will be delivered by Yodel due to the issues Iíve had over the years.

Yodel are normally the very worst. I've had three packages arrive from them all as planned recently.

DPD and Parcelforce are the best for me. Both give one hour windows and both are always spot on.

The Joe Lycett thing was a bit rubbish, but it touched on what I thought. They took a dog bed company as their example. Hermes lost 10% of their parcels. One bespoke bed turned up on eBay with the invoice showing.

The bed was around £140 and Hermes were only willing to pay £20 compensation.

Joe's team bought two boxes from the auction. Many items had either the recipients address or the sender's address on the box. Some were still within the timeframe before they should even be deemed lost.

Mistakes do happen, but most of these were just too obvious.
Old 25-04-2020, 04:25 PM   #30
sevenfourate
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa male View Post

And will likely be. Were for me too. Until something goes wrong.

And then you'll see it's not just their prices that are rock-bottom.Their aftercare and customer service standards are to: if god-forbid you ever have a problem.....
sevenfourate is offline   Reply With Quote