Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Traders > Polished Bliss
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polished Bliss Buy Online And Earn Loyalty Points As You Shop | Award-Winning Customer Service | Free UK-Wide Delivery Over £35.00 | 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee | 303 | 3M | Aqua Gleam | Atomiza | Auto Finesse | Bilt Hamber | Black Mamba | BLACKFIRE | Braun Automotive | Carlack | Collinite | DeFelsko | Deltalyo | Dr Leather | EZ Detail | FLEX | Flexipads | Gyeon | Lake Country | Meguiar’s | Menzerna | MESTO | MetroVac | Microfiber Madness | Nanolex | PA | PB | RUPES | SCANGRIP | SCHOLL Concepts | Scratch Shield | Swissvax

Old 13-07-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
Pezza4u
DW Banner Man

Which pad is which?

I bought some spot pads from you ages ago when you were having a big sale but I can't remember what each one is for. One is orange the other is blue and they're non branded (not megs, menz etc)? I can get a photo up later if you're not sure. TIA
Old 13-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
Alan W
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 3,784 Times in 2,772 Posts
Garage
Without knowing the make of the pads it's difficult to say exactly what they are.

However, in general terms, an orange pad is a polishing pad whilst the blue is probably a finishing pad. The orange should be quite stiff whilst the blue pad is softer.

Alan W
Old 13-07-2010, 11:19 AM   #3
Pezza4u
DW Banner Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
Without knowing the make of the pads it's difficult to say exactly what they are.

However, in general terms, an orange pad is a polishing pad whilst the blue is probably a finishing pad. The orange should be quite stiff whilst the blue pad is softer.

Alan W
I think they were PB own brand, as I said there is no name on them but I bought them from there. I did feel the foam for stiffness and TBH they felt very similar which why I'm not sure.
Old 13-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
Alan W
Distinguished Detailer

Garage
I would of thought when you bought the pads you had some polishing in mind and therefore purchased a polishing pad and a finishing pad to be able to do some correction polishing and then refining.

Only you can remember why you bought them but the above is my logical suggestion confirming my first reply.

Alan W
Old 13-07-2010, 12:38 PM   #5
Pezza4u
DW Banner Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
I would of thought when you bought the pads you had some polishing in mind and therefore purchased a polishing pad and a finishing pad to be able to do some correction polishing and then refining.

Only you can remember why you bought them but the above is my logical suggestion confirming my first reply.

Alan W
Yes that's true but I also bought them cos they were reduced?!!!

Like I said I they both feel the same so not sure which is which but most likely a polishing and finishing pad.
Old 13-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #6
Alan W
Distinguished Detailer

Garage
Why not give both of them a try with the same polish - that'll quickly provide the answer!

Alan W
Old 13-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #7
DSW
Sponge Jockey

Probably cyan and tangerine Lake Country Hydro-Tech pads.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...spot-pads.html
Old 13-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #8
mike_shrops
Washmitt Meister

Garage
If they're the same as the set I got when PB did a clearance sale a couple of years back then the orange is a cutting pad and the blue is polishing - there was also a red pad for finishing/glazing. If you're not sure put up a pic and I'll see if they're the same .
Old 13-07-2010, 09:50 PM   #9
Rich @ PB
Approved DW Trader

Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,184 Posts
I think you're spot on Mike; they sound like the old Flexipads line we did a few years ago (orange light cut, blue polishing, red finishing).
Old 13-07-2010, 09:59 PM   #10
Pezza4u
DW Banner Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_shrops View Post
If they're the same as the set I got when PB did a clearance sale a couple of years back then the orange is a cutting pad and the blue is polishing - there was also a red pad for finishing/glazing. If you're not sure put up a pic and I'll see if they're the same .
Quote:
Originally Posted by WX51 TXR View Post
I think you're spot on Mike; they sound like the old Flexipads line we did a few years ago (orange light cut, blue polishing, red finishing).
Yes they're the ones I bought, I remember the red one as well now but I think you had sold out when I ordered. I can write on the back what they are now, cheers

Got a few RDS's I need to tackle so was going to try these out as I forgot about them until recently.