Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Newbies, Rules & Announcements > Newbies & Introductions.....
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Newbies & Introductions..... Tell us something about you.

Old 19-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
blackdream

Newbie from Italy...with some questions..

Hi to all, I'm Mario and I'm from Italy. I enjoy car detail from few years, until now I did it using some very good Italian products that did a great job every time. Then I decided to upgrade to a more pro level and so searching I found this forum and spent the last two weeks reading a lot of threads and finally trying to understand what are the most common choiches of products for every stage (wash, dry,clay ecc) so that I can have a point to start. So now I think I'm ready to do my 1st order from cleanyourcar that seems one of most favourite place on here. This is the list

Dry:
Miracle Dryer 25"x36"

Clay
Sonus Green
As a lubrificant I've read is possible to do an home made one with 1/4 of baby shampoo and 3/4 of water so I think I'm gonna try this way

Polish
At first I wanted to give a try to Meguiars but I ended to choice the Menzerna. I'll buy the 250ml Sampler Kit just to try some of the products, it offer the old FA in place of the new FF but I think it should work too

Pad
A bit of indecision here, I wanted just a set of large pads and a set of the smaller one. I've seen everyone has his personal preference about it Sonus,CSS ecc. I ended with Menzerna 5" pads (yellow,orange and white) but I'm still considering a set of small pads. If anyone have any suggestion it would be helpful

Wax
Since the first two cars I'll work on it are black I want to give a try to Dodo Juice Blue Velvet that seems to be a common choice. But just for curiosity, how many cars I can do with the 250ml box?

Then just a Meguiars Duty Detail Brush to clean the pads (X1130 is this good?), a Foam Wax Applicator and a Microfibre Wash+. I probably need another Miracle Dryer so I can use one to dry the car and one during polish operations

If anyone have any suggestion on this list then feel free to help me

About the polisher right now I've used a cheap DA that just didn't do the job and this has been a limit every time. Now I want to upgrade to a rotary. I've seen most of you love the Makita 9227CB, it look a bit bigger than other polisher on the market, for example I tried RUPES tools in past and I think they're great tools. Anyway what is the suggested price for a Makita? Best I can find here in Italy is 270 euro (pretty like 270£), 220v specs but if anyone know a better place.

That's all for now.
My car is a '92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT and it will be the first I'll working on with the setup listed above.

and this is before/after pics of a detail job I did years ago.

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

The car needs a full paintjob in real but you know a good detail job and a good wax can make the paint looks better than its real shape
Thanks to all in advance, sorry if my english is not perfect
oh and just a last question, how much do you guys charge for an exterior car detail? Because the products needed are already expensive so I really have no idea about the price of an exterior detail.
Tnx

Last edited by blackdream; 19-07-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 19-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #2
WHIZZER
T-Cut King (admin)

Thanked 20,726 Times in 7,530 Posts
Garage
hello and welcome
Old 19-07-2009, 11:55 AM   #3
Mark Collins
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Welcome to DW
Mark Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 03:43 PM   #4
DSW
Sponge Jockey

Hello Mario

Last edited by DSW; 19-07-2009 at 04:07 PM.
DSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
Sevket Arslan
Unwashed Member

Send a message via ICQ to Sevket Arslan Send a message via MSN to Sevket Arslan
Ciao Mario! Come stai? Ci sono moltissime automobili in Italia e non ne ho visto mai una pulita! Poi si sempre parcheggia sulla strada e le persone sono sbadate!

Hi Mario! How are you? There are lots of autos in Italy and i have never seen any of them clean! Also you always park them on the roads and people are careless!
Sevket Arslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 12:38 AM   #6
blackdream

Thanks to all for the wellcome. It seems I've to open different threads for all the questions listed in my 1st post lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevket Arslan View Post
Ciao Mario! Come stai? Ci sono moltissime automobili in Italia e non ne ho visto mai una pulita! Poi si sempre parcheggia sulla strada e le persone sono sbadate!

Hi Mario! How are you? There are lots of autos in Italy and i have never seen any of them clean! Also you always park them on the roads and people are careless!
Ciao Sevket il tuo italiano è davvero molto buono, complimenti! Si hai ragione, è raro trovare auto tenute davvero bene tra quelle in circolazione e la vita di tutti i giorni è abbastanza frenetica qui quindi le macchine capita che hanno qualche strusciatura qui e là. E anche se una persona ha questo tipo di passione per la propria auto comunque non può goderne perchè ci sono tante persone in giro che non hanno rispetto per gli altri e quindi quando lasci la macchina parcheggiata ci sono molte possibilità di trovare qualche danno. In più dove abito io c'è cattivo tempo dieci mesi all'anno quindi è molto raro di riuscire a vedere la tua macchina pulita

Hi Sevket, your italian is impressive, congratulation! Yes,you're right. It's very rare here to find cars well taken in our roads, every day life here is very fast and noisy and so happen very often that cars will get some kind of damage. And even if you're obsessed with your car then you can't enjoy your passion because there are a lot of persons that have no respect for other people and so when you leave your car parked there a lot of chances to find some damage on it.Plus where I leave I've bad weather for like 10 months at year and so you've only few chances during a year to see your car clean.
Old 20-07-2009, 07:42 AM   #7
eurodub
Mr. Clean

Hello....
eurodub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 10:22 PM   #8
aqueoushumour01
Unwashed Member

can I just say that I love your car! they seem to be impossible to buy over here
aqueoushumour01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #9
blackdream

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqueoushumour01 View Post
can I just say that I love your car! they seem to be impossible to buy over here
Hi and thanks! You're in UK right? The Stealth is basic the same of the Mitsubishi GTO you've there. I've seen some GTO (so RHD) converted to Stealth look on uk ebay in past so...watch out, it is a rare car but there are still some of them in your country

If you're looking for more pics you can give a look at my website
http://www.dodgestealth.it

Hi
Mario
Old 22-07-2009, 12:50 PM   #10
ahaydock
Retired Mod

Thanked 2,822 Times in 2,421 Posts
Garage
Welcome along to DW
ahaydock is offline   Reply With Quote