Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 14-03-2021, 01:33 AM   #11
pete001
Orbital Oracle

Perhaps you could try Feynlab's own quick detailer

https://www.in2detailing.co.uk/produ...ailer-v2-500ml

Carpro reset works great as a pre-wash on lightly soiled paintwork and is ideal through a foam lance.

Last edited by pete001; 14-03-2021 at 01:47 AM.
pete001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pete001 For This Useful Post:
Brocky36 (14-03-2021)
Old 14-03-2021, 05:08 AM   #12
Coatings
PC Perfectionist

I use Bilt Hamber Auto foam before a wash with no issues. I had CqUk3.

Had it on for a year before started using alkaline soaps. 2 washes a month with either a alky pre foam or bucket wash with no ill effects from using.

I left my hood bare to test Sio2 toppers and sealants. The alkaline soaps would affect those.

Pre foams do help soften crud to make easy to power wash up but nothing will give you a touchless wash.

Use when needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coatings is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Coatings For This Useful Post:
Brocky36 (14-03-2021)
Old 14-03-2021, 01:48 PM   #13
atbalfour
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,635 Times in 983 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete001 View Post
Carpro reset works great as a pre-wash on lightly soiled paintwork and is ideal through a foam lance.
Sadly it does very little as a pre-wash and it's comparatively pricey.

To the OP - I would go for a pH neutral foam like KKD Blizzard. It is a very very good snow foam and is absolutely safe on ceramic coated cars. Auto Foam and Spritzer are mildly alkaline but offer great cleaning for when the car is properly filthy but if it's just dusty they aren't required.

TFRs and Citrus Cleaners tend to be a further step up the pH scale and as such are not recommended on ceramic coatings.
atbalfour is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to atbalfour For This Useful Post:
Brocky36 (14-03-2021)
Old 14-03-2021, 05:47 PM   #14
Brocky36
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Perhaps you could try Feynlab's own quick detailer
I picked a bottle up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post

To the OP - I would go for a pH neutral foam like KKD Blizzard. It is a very very good snow foam and is absolutely safe on ceramic coated cars. Auto Foam and Spritzer are mildly alkaline but offer great cleaning for when the car is properly filthy but if it's just dusty they aren't required.

TFRs and Citrus Cleaners tend to be a further step up the pH scale and as such are not recommended on ceramic coatings.
Thanks. I went for Koch Chemie GSF, Reset Shampoo and the FeynLabs QD. Also grabbed a bottle of Reload to use every 3-4 months after a de-tar/de-iron session.

I feel like that should really be all I need, right...?
Brocky36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2021, 02:24 AM   #15
pete001
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post

Nothing sad about carpro reset at all its an excellent shampoo.

As the OP has purchased a new car and had it coated it would be wise to care for the coating as well as possible in order to preserve the longevity of the coating.

I did state earlier carpro reset works well as a pre-wash through a lance on lightly soiled paintwork,seeing the OP car has recently been coated there's not going to be much that's going to stick to it.

Reset is my go to shampoo for my own car that's washed weekly, I run reset through a foam lance prior to contact washing I've not noticed any significant degrading of my LSP and my car is not coated.

There has been many threads on this forum regarding snow foams degrading coatings when used over a period of time.
pete001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2021, 06:57 PM   #16
roscopervis

Thanked 1,093 Times in 816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocky36 View Post
Hi, all.

Had my Golf new car prepped and Feynlabs ceramic coated last week and, from what I have been told and from what I have read, a simple routine of foam, rinse, 2-bucket Reset shampoo, rinse, towel pat-dry is the way forward. (I am looking into getting a Sidekick blower soon).

I am just wondering, is it unwise to use Citrus Power as part of my pre-wash and should I just go straight to foam?

Also, after drying, is there anything else I could incorporate. Is it wise to give a light spray of a QD and a buff?

Thanks in advance.
Feynlab do their own 'Pure' shampoo, which is more potent than Reset as a soap and smells very chemical. It is very effective as a shampoo though. As you have Reset, there isn't any need to get Feynlab's shampoo, but it is an option.

Depending on mileage, it will need a harder decon periodically. Labocosmetica's Purifica Shampoo is great for that purpose or failing that, using Koch Chemie Fse once every 6-8 washes as your QD will help with keeping it unclogged. Once a year, a Surfex wash at 5%, a wipe over with a tar remover and a going over with a fallout remover will also help with its maintenence.

Otherwise, gently does it.
roscopervis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2021, 07:10 PM   #17
atbalfour

Thanked 1,635 Times in 983 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Nothing sad about carpro reset at all its an excellent shampoo.

As the OP has purchased a new car and had it coated it would be wise to care for the coating as well as possible in order to preserve the longevity of the coating.

I did state earlier carpro reset works well as a pre-wash through a lance on lightly soiled paintwork,seeing the OP car has recently been coated there's not going to be much that's going to stick to it.

Reset is my go to shampoo for my own car that's washed weekly, I run reset through a foam lance prior to contact washing I've not noticed any significant degrading of my LSP and my car is not coated.

There has been many threads on this forum regarding snow foams degrading coatings when used over a period of time.
I think you are missing my point, I know Reset is great as a shampoo I've been using it for over a year but shampoos are utterly useless as a pre-wash to remove anything but dust!!! Strangely products designed as pre-washes work better as pre-washes, even a neutral snow foam is a more effective pre-wash than Reset despite it's cleaning power as a shampoo.

I too often use Reset through a snow foam lance but only to lubricate the surface before a contact wash. That is different to a pre-wash which would be applied then rinsed before the contact wash stage?

Also to set the record straight coatings aren't impervious to dirt, road film etc. and while a ceramic coated car will generally be cleaner after a week of winter driving it will need a pre-wash just as much - the idea that nothing sticks is actually a bit of a myth.

Last edited by atbalfour; 15-03-2021 at 07:15 PM.
atbalfour is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to atbalfour For This Useful Post:
Itstony (17-03-2021)
Old 29-04-2021, 07:17 AM   #18
-Kev-

Thanked 9,222 Times in 7,175 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackroc View Post
Nice idea - but I’m yet to see (and I’ve used many!) where a ceramic coating allows you to simply ‘jet wash and dry it’ - especially this time of year.

Even professional only coatings you aren’t able to do this on daily driven cars - even washed weekly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't think i said to literally "jet wash and dry" the car..

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
-Kev- is offline   Reply With Quote